Below are some tech hacks that will save your day and make your life easier.
1. If you accidentally close a tab in a browser, simply press Ctrl + Shift + T to reopen the most recently closed tab and get back to what you were doing (Cmd + Shift + T on Macs).
2. To quickly change the case (upper vs. lower) of text in Microsoft Word, highlight the phrase, then hit Shift + F3. Changes cycle through all lowercase, first letter capitalized, and all in uppercase.
3. Run your writing or document past PolishMyWriting.com to clear typos, grammar mistakes and get help with writing styles.
4. You can charge your phone faster by putting it in Airplane Mode while charging.
5. If you can’t remember the title of a song but you know the melody or lyrics to it, hum/sing it on Midomi to get the title.
6. You can have a look at a list of 200 helpful keyboard shortcuts here.
7. If you download a “PDF” file and you see it ends in “.exe”, delete it. It’s a virus.
8. Accidentally closed a word file without saving? No auto-save either? Search “.asd” in your file explorer under “My/This PC” . The document will be there.
9. Highlight a selection in Word and hit Shift+F3 to make it all caps or all lowercase.
10. Save your PowerPoint presentation as a PowerPoint Show (.ppsx) , and it will open directly to the slideshow.
11. Hit Alt and click on any Google image to automatically saved it to your computer.
12. Too lazy to read the full article? The Chrome extension TLDR will give you a short and quick summary of the long articles online.
13. Want a quick way to unfreeze a frozen phone? Plug it into its charger.
14. Don't want your searches on Google to be location-based? Then go to google.com/ncr. NCR stands for "no country redirect".
15. If you click the "middle" button on your mouse, you will open the link in a new browser tab. And if you middle-click an open tab, it will close it.
16. On Youtube, press "K," to play (or pause) the video. Hitting the "J" key will cause you to go backward 10 seconds, while hitting the "L" key will make you go forward 10 seconds.